Rimon Law Group Inc.
- The firm operates out of several locations.
- The operations of the firm are decentralized, including the purchase of paper.
- The firm had taken the first step of administering a sustainability survey to examine each locations resource usage and practices. The survey was completed to develop metrics for improvement.
- The firm’s sustainability activities were fragmented across the firm.
- Calculate the carbon footprint of the firm.
- Identify opportunities for carbon footprint reduction.
- Determine if an industry average CO2 per lawyer exists.
Process and Achievements
- Review the existing sustainability survey and incorporate any gathered data into a new data collection initiative.
- Gather consumption data on paper usage, business travel, employee commuting and power utilities to calculate the carbon footprint.
- Utilized the ecoAnalyze ed3 carbon footprint tool to measure Scope 1, Scope 2 and Scope 3
- Develop benchmarks and metrics for improvement in areas of sustainability.
- Conduct extensive research to ascertain a legal industry CO2 per lawyer statistic for benchmarking purposes.
Branding and Communications
- Develop communications strategy to announce the calculation of the firm's carbon footprint.
- Enhance existing website to demonstrate Rimon’s commitment and transparency to its sustainability program.
GRI Compliant CSR Report
- Collaborate to explore the development of a comprehensive GRI compliant CSR Report for submission to the Global Reporting Initiative.